This blog is an outlet for my personal thoughts and views. It is generally concerned with life, science, nature and the world around us. It will often cover items about surfing, or should that be especially about surfing. There may also be some philosophical discourse. There will not be any politics and very little religion. I must point out all views expressed are my own and are not intended to offend anyone, or be taken as proven facts - there are times when I have been proven to be incorrect or misguided. While I try to be accurate, I am human and will make mistakes, so please be understanding.

Gallery

Friday, 11 November 2011

Demon haunted world

I have just started reading this book (sub-title : science as a candle in the dark). All I can say is if you have ever wondered why science works, read this. It does not pretend that science has all the answers, but it does explain why it is our best option for reasoned enlightenment.

Why Carl Sagan never became more highly regarded outside the world of science is beyond my comprehension.


As an aside to this point I am doing my bit for charity by joining the mobro initiative, whereby you grow a mo (moustache) during November and use it to raise funds.